Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Music, memories and choices made.

Whilst I was doing some housework this morning I had the top 100 ultimate 90's hits playing in the background. It's amazing how listening to music or specific songs can take you back to another time and place. It got me to thinking about what was happening in my life when the songs that were playing were released and popular. Although at times I think that given the chance I would go back and change some of the choices I made, there is no guarantee that having done things differently it would have ensured a greater level of happiness with my life. Right now, in my life, there are certainly things that I'd be happy to change and am in the process of changing however for the most part I'm pretty happy at where I'm at. I'm also quite fond of the person I have turned into and the things I have achieved that 20 years ago I never would have imagined myself doing. Often we look back on choices we made and believe that if we had picked a different choice that life would have been better although as can be seen in the movie 'the butterfly effect' sometimes making a perceived bad choice could actually be saving us from something we would have seen as worse rather than better.

No comments:

Post a Comment