Monday, April 30, 2012

Wishes Fulfilled

I recently read the book (actually it was an audiobook so I listened to it) "Wishes Fulfilled" by Dr Wayne Dyer. One of the things that was a bit of an 'aha' moment for me was his suggestion that one of the reasons we don't have more of our wishes fulfilled is because we often spend the time right before going to sleep thinking about all the things we don't have or what has been going 'wrong' in our lives. He suggests this leaves our subconscious minds working on these mostly 'negative' ideas as we sleep and is it any wonder we might attract more of what we don't want if our subconscious is focusing on them during this time.
So what can be done to overcome this so that our minds are focused on what we do want whilst we sleep? Three methods I incorporate into my own life which appear to make going to sleep quicker as well are; saying positive 'I am' statements to yourself, whether they are currently true or the way you wish for them to be, list off all the things I am grateful for no matter how big or small and the third method is to listen to a positive recording either affirmations, meditation or hypnosis.
Even though you may not be about to go to sleep right now why not get started, what are 5 'I am' statements you have? e.g. I am loving, I am generous, I am kind, I am a great teacher/presenter/coach, I am abundant etc What are 5 things you are grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment