Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flat Belly Challenge - day 1

The first three days of the flat belly challenge are detox days which involves only eating fruit and vegetables. I've done other detox diets in the past including both the lemon and coconut detox which I don't think I will ever do again. The lemon detox included unpleasant laxative type treatment every day and as with the coconut detox drinking the same thing for each meal quickly becomes a challenge. The coconut detox was only for three days however it made me feel really really unwell and I think for a good portion of that time I slept.
When I read through the flat belly challenge detox I thought it would be much easier to do as there is still scope for variety. For breakfast I made a 'green' smoothie which as the mixed berries won out in the colour stakes actually looked pretty good and you could hardly taste that there was spinach in it. It was humongous though and took me a while to get through.
As I wake up relatively early it was around 930-1000 that I was set to have my morning snack. I time when having the juicer on hand would have been good as it doesn't seem nearly as weird having vegetable juice that early in the morning as it does a salad.
Lunch was another salad which I have no problem eating salad for lunch and carrot + celery sticks for afternoon snack, all going well so far!
Having cut out the coffee I did have a few cups of green tea and after doing an Aquarobics class in the evening was certainly ready for my green salad with steamed veggies when I got home.
All in all I would have to say the easiest detox I have tried so far.
I was looking forward to my Mango 'green' smoothie this morning and although it tasted okay it was as it's name says - green.





No comments:

Post a Comment